Hello my dearies!
It is that time of year, when I try so hard to make wonderful memories with my children. I try to each day infuse a little bit of joy and magic into their day. It usually ends up with me screaming at them to hurry up and do whatever it is I am trying to do with them (decorate the tree, make cookies, make an ornament) while at the same time not make a mess that I will have to clean up later. This leads to me feeling like a horrible sham of a mom, and my husband trying to convince me later, that all moms do this, but I know the truth...it's just me and my crazy brain...whatever though, this is me, and I am good with it. Sorry kids, but therapy will help later.
Here is some great news though! A few weeks ago, I was reading my most favorite blog Momastery. They unveiled their new Holiday Helping Hands through their non-profit Monkee See Monkee Do. The idea behind it is very simple. If you have a need, you post it, and then someone that is able to give can fill that need. Times are hard, you know what I mean? We struggle sometimes with bills, but so does most everyone I know. However, one of my neighbors really struggles. It is hard to see that need and not be able to do anything to make it better. So, as I was reading Momastery, I thought to my self "Self, we can do something, we can tell my neighbors story, and put her need out there, and maybe, just maybe someone will fill that need." So, I typed up her need, and then deleted it, and then typed it up again, and then deleted it again, and on and on. Until I finally just hit send and said a prayer. I prayed that my neighbor wouldn't hate me, that someone would want to help, and that I wouldn't be taking away from anyone else's need.
God was listening. 45 minutes after I hit send, my email starting dinging. 45 minutes later. 45 MINUTES LATER!!!!! Can you hear me jumping and crying and laughing? Because that is what was happening in my living room while my children slept and my husband was working late. The dogs thought I had finally slipped into a full mental breakdown. But it was pure joy, and awe.
3 Angels answered my prayer that evening. One offered to send a $500 check, one offered to send a gift, and one offered financial support in the spring when she gets her yearly bonus. 3 women, 3 angels, taking care of a stranger, no questions asked, no judgement, just love and acceptance. That right there folks is a miracle, it is God's work, it is LOVE IN ACTION!!! A few days ago, I was able to hand my neighbor $500 cash. I was worried that she would be angry. Instead she was just stunned, and happy and in total disbelief. That right there is another miracle, it is God's work, it is LOVE IN ACTION.
Sometimes God says "Pay attention, I am right here with you, among you. Everyday." Guess what guys? He totally is. All of these women, my neighbor included gave me the best gift I could ask for during this Christmas season. I got to see the face of God. It was in those emails from those women at 12:15 on a Wednesday night, it was on my neighbors face as I placed that money in her hand, and it was dancing in my living room with me as my children slept.
So, I send up one other prayer...as I scream my way through the holidays, while I rush around to concerts, performances, practices, and class parties, I pray that I remember that even in those moments there are angels among us. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment