For those of you that know me, you know I am a stay at home mom. I am pretty domestic, I keep a clean home, make healthy-ish meals from scratch, and am generally pretty good at my job. But when I screw the pooch, I do it big time!
Last week one of my dogs who shall not be mentioned (but his name rhymes with Hodie) crapped all over my wool rug in front of the sliding glass door. Oooohhhh I was pissed, but that is nothing new, seems like I am always pissed about something or other, so I cleaned up the crap. if you have ever had the pleasure of cleaning crap out of a wool rug, you know that the washing part though disgusting and gag worthy is not really the hard part. The hard part is the drying. My rug has been drying for a week. FOR A FRICKING WEEK YA"LL!!!
So can you tell I was just thrilled to see that though one week later, and several days of CA sunshine, my rug was still damp? Today I had the bright idea to just put my rug in the dryer for a few minutes to finish the drying process. I wasn't worried about shrinking it, cause it was 98% dry. Just 15 minutes of heat should do the trick. I threw the rug in the dryer, added a few dryer sheets and pressed the on button. 15 minutes later I was ready to lay my rug in front of the slider and forget it had ever happened.
Yeah, there are times in my life when I feel like a capable adult. This was not one of them. When I opened the dryer, I first noticed 3 black squares. At first I thought the black squares were the backing of the rug, and I was worried that my rug was falling apart. Not to worry....It was DIRT, and a whole fricking lot of it....I am talking a CUP worth of dirt in my dryer. The dryer sheets were black with dirt, as was the lint screen. SO GROSSSSSSSS! I was scared my mom was going to see me with my dirty damn dryer and spank me or something. It was so bad, it took an ENTIRE container of lysol wipes to clean it up.
Moral of the story: do NOT under any circumstances put a rug in your dryer, unless it has been washed in your washing machine first.
Also, you probably shouldn't ask me to do anything, cause I'm kind of dumb.
At least the dirt is out!
ReplyDelete