Thursday, December 30, 2010

2010...see ya later.

So here I am in my kitchen blogging while standing up, waiting for the chicken to finish roasting (stupid bone in breasts screw me up every time) so I can get dinner on the table for the kittens.  I am looking back on the last year and I am always amazed at the stress I place on all the little things, while very easily overlooking the huge milestones.  Here it goes folks these are the things that have been left unsaid this year:

My husband is amazing, and I am blessed that he fell in love with me.  Who knows if that is still true, but hell, we have three kids now, so, good luck trying to date with that baggage.  He is simply stuck with me. 

My kids are healthy and usually happy (though they often earn consequences) and I am grateful for this.  Many of my friends somehow manage their family while fighting a battle for their child's health, each of you have my utmost respect!  I hope that the new year brings you and your loved ones health.

We are not rich, we are not poor.  We get by just like almost everyone else I know, and I am grateful for that! 

So much has happened this year, yet it went by so fast.  I know that the years will continue to fly by, so I hope that as each year closes I have some time to reflect.  Even if it is while the stupid chicken roasts (it better be good). 

Kristen Gerber, Jordan West, Carrie Wright you will be missed.  Each of you had a beautiful light in this world, you were loved by many and will be remembered by them as well.  For the spouses, friends, and parents of these women, I am sorry that they are gone. 

Life is short, love the people you love everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment