So I decided that maybe now I will have time to blog about my daily adventures. As I am trying to find something witty and charming to say, maybe even funny, K comes in to tattle on M (her older sister.) When I very calmly inform her that she has already used her one tattle of the day (a newly instituted rule) she flat out loses it. She then proceeds to tell me that she hates me and thinks I am stupid.
Now before you all gasp in shock..."Sweet K? Maybe she was just tired, or over-stimulated" you are thinking. News Flash....K is mean, really, really mean. She has morphed into the dreaded 4 year old, full of anger and frustration, and about 6 months away from the calm that comes at the end of year 4. As K is screaming (I gave her a time out...really just torture for me, because she is screaming about 5 feet away) I think to myself so this is it...this is what my life is all about right now.
Now don't get me wrong, this is not a rant. It is however the truth. My life is all about kids losing it, crying, throwing fits, spilling milk, barfing in their carseats, hustling them to school and activities, laundry and cleaning, listening to the irrational demands of a 4 year old, and trying to convince them to calm down and make the right choice.
My life is also about the good things too...but we just heard K scream from the back room "I hate everyone in this family". Maybe I need to go handle that!
I love that you are blogging! You desescribe what a lot of us stay at homs, stay at home moms, go through. Thank you for doing it with humor and grace. Love you and look forward to reading more about your adventures.
ReplyDelete